Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:


Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

Assalamu Alaikum wa rehmatullahi wa barkatuhu....
I have reverted to ISLAM from a hindu religion than after i got a proposal from a muslim boy & now we are together since 3 yrs..We are trying to convince the boys parents since 2 yrs, but they are not ready to accept me & they are going to get the boy married to a girl who is born muslim..
But one important thing is that i have not reverted myself for the sake of that boy but i have reverted because of my faith in ISLAM.
Please help me as i want to marry him only or else my parents will get me married to a hindu boy which i dont want to at all.
Please guide me in a lawfull way..

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)


In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Sister if you are living-in with the man without a nikaah then be assured that you are committing the grave sin of zina (fornication). This is what is now coming in the way of your in-laws to be decision. No respectable family will like to bring in a woman who is steeped in sin, even though their son is equally responsible for that sin.

First of all Sister, you must detach yourself from living-in with this man immediately. Then make sincere taubah to Allah swt and promise never to indulge in this sin again. There are no blessings in such relationships.

Now the man should try and humbly convince his parents to accept you after accepting his error. There is no other way. If you try to tie the knot without both the family's blessings then you could put yourselves in a great trial as without family support your life and that of your progeny will become very very difficult.

This is what usually happens when one breaks all the laws of religion and society. Wrong actions and deeds do catch up and bring in much misery. The lawful way is to maybe get some elders or family friends to plead your case to the parents and with humility and regret ask for their forgiveness and seek their compassion to unite you both.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Members of Islamhelpline

Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: