Q & A (Others)
1. He did ‘umrah several times but did not do sa‘i, then he got married
2. A Christian woman had a civil marriage, and she wants to have an Islamic marriage with another man without the first husband having divorced her
3. It is permissible for the woman’s maternal uncle to be her guardian for the purpose of marriage if he is appointed as a proxy by her original guardian
4. Someone has proposed marriage to a girl, and she is asking whether she can meet him with a non-Muslim chaperone, because she is cut off from her family
5. He denied the marriage contract then affirmed it; does that count as a talaaq (divorce)?
6. A Christian woman married a Muslim man without a wali (guardian) and she is asking about the ruling on her marriage
7. She does not have any wali (guardian) for the purpose of marriage; can the director of the Islamic centre or her maternal uncle give her in marriage?
8. She married in secret and got pregnant, then her parents forced her to marry the boy they chose for her
9. The marriage contract is not valid if the man’s sister asks for the hand of the woman for her brother, in the presence of the woman’s guardian
10. He divorced his Christian wife three times, then she married a Christian man, who then divorced her; is she permissible for her first husband?
11. Her parents are divorced; can she get married without her father’s permission?
12. She became Muslim but her parents did not and they are objecting to her marriage and they want her to have illegitimate relationships! What should she do?
13. The father said: I give my daughter in marriage to So and so, in front of Muslim witnesses, then he changed his mind and recanted his words
14. She committed an immoral action with a young man, then he left her; should she wait for him to marry her?
15. Rulings having to do with divorce before consummation of the marriage
16. She committed zina before her wedding and got pregnant, then had a miscarriage. Is her marriage valid?
17. Her mother wants her to marry one suitor, but her father thinks that he is not suitable; what should she do?
18. She got married without a guardian through the courts
19. Her father forced her to get married; is this marriage valid and what is the ruling on intercourse in this case?
20. She wants to live with her husband without having a wedding party