Inheritance and distribution of the estate
21. A woman died and left behind three daughters, grandchildren (daughter’s children), a full brother, a full sister, and sons of the full brother
22. How can the daughters of the deceased be given their shares of the inheritance fifteen years after the death of their father?
23. Their father died and left them a house and a tailor shop; how should the estate be divided among them?
24. Will her deceased husband be punished because his mother delayed giving his wife her due share of the inheritance?
25. They divided their father’s estate apart from one house; how should it be divided, when some of them have died and others are still alive?
26. He died and left behind a wife and the sons of his half-brother through his mother only; are they entitled to a share of the inheritance?
27. How should they divide the house that they have inherited? They worked to complete it, some of them spent on construction and some spent on finishing it
28. She died and did not leave behind anyone but the daughter of a brother of hers; does (that niece) inherit from her?
29. She died and left behind two daughters, a sister and a nephew (brother’s son)
30. He died and left behind a wife, sons and daughters, and some of his children died before him. Do his grandchildren inherit the shares of his children who died before him?
31. He died and left behind a mother, two brothers and two sisters, and the Western court ruled that the mother is the only heir
32. They inherited wealth from their father and invested it in some business; how should they pay zakaah?
33. Division of property that forms part of the estate, if some of the heirs raise objections
34. It is not permissible for the guardian to dispose of wealth belonging to the one who is under his guardianship, except in a manner that will most likely be in the latter’s best interests
35. His grandfather divided his wealth between his male children and deprived the females; what should the heirs do?
36. He died and left behind his sister and his brother’s children
37. If he dies and leaves behind a father, mother, Christian wife, and brothers and sisters both full- and half-siblings, who among them inherits from him?
38. If a person dies and his heirs receive some money from his life-insurance, is it permissible for them to keep it?
39. He built an apartment over his father’s house with his own money; do the heirs have any right to it?
40. Are her financial dues from her company to be shared among her heirs in the event of her death?