Marrying a Christian woman on paper in order to have the right to reside in a kaafir country

Dear Brothers & Sisters,
As-Salaamu-Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
Is it permissible to marry an american christian woman just to get the green card from her, without living, or being alone with here (just on the paper). My neya: is to do that so I can visit and help my parents back in my country, and be able to work with my degree as( a Computer Programmer).
(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)
Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:


Praise be to Allaah and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah.

 We put this question to Shaykh al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, who responded: “It is not one of the purposes of marriage according to Islamic sharee’ah to marry for the purpose of gaining residency rights and then to get divorced. It seems to me that this is not permitted.”

 Moreover, marrying a Christian woman on paper only is a kind of cheating these kaafirs, and this is not permitted. Allaah does not approve of wrongdoing even to kaafirs. And Allaah knows best.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah's Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: