Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Wali of revert.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)


One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

I have embraced Islam but my parents are non-muslim, If I do nikkah who can be my wali as my guardian is non-muslim and can someone break his promise of Nikkah if my guardian is non-muslim. 


(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)




Wali of revert

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.


A disbeliever cannot be accepted as the wali of a believing woman in Shariah Law.


If the biological parents of a believing woman are disbelievers, the believing woman is well within her rights to appoint any righteous God-fearing believer as her Wali who would be eligible to give away her hand in marriage.


Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.


Your brother and well wisher in Islam,





Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: