Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Brother wishes to revert hindu wife to islam.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)


One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

Now my brother wants to convert her hindu wife to Islam.He also asks for forgiveness for his sins.His son is 6 months old.

Should we accept her wife and son after conversion to Islam.



(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)




Brother wishes to revert hindu wife to islam

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.


It is categorically prohibited and unlawful in Shariah Law for a believer to marry any woman except a Muslim, a Jew or a Christian.


Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Maidah verse 5:

(Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book revealed before your time when ye give them their due dowers and desire chastity not lewdness nor secret intrigues. If anyone rejects faith fruitless is his work and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of the losers.


If in ignorance of the Laws of Allah Subhanah, your brother married a Hindu woman in his past.such a marriage has absolutely no legal basis in Shariah, nor will it be considered valid in the Sight of Allah Subhanah or in the sight of the believers.


The child resulting from such an unlawful marriage, although absolutely innocent of the crime of its parents, will be considered an illegitimate child in the sight of Shariah Law. The child will neither be recognized by the name of its biological father, nor will it inherit its father, nor will its father inherit from it.


The child will be known and recognized by the name of its mother, its mother will inherit from it, and it will inherit from its mother.


Your Statement: Now my brother wants to convert her hindu wife to Islam.

If the Hindu sister wishes to revert to Islam, there is absolutely no harm and she will be regarded and accepted as a Muslim by the believers after her reversion; and every single right that is due to a Muslim will be accorded to her in full.


For the revert sister to be considered a legal wife of your brother in the Sight of Allah Subhanah, Shariah Law, and the believers, it is imperative that a brand new nikaah be performed between your brother and the revert sister.


Your Statement: He also asks for forgiveness for his sins.

Whatever deeds one might have done in ones past, if one turns to Allah Subhanah in sincere Taubah and seeks forgiveness, Allah Subhanah has promised in the Holy Quran that He will forgive all the sins of such a repentant believer, even if one has committed the gravest sin of all: Shirk!


The conditions or ways to seek sincere Taubah or Repentance from the Merciful Lord are:

         One is aware that he has sinned, and feels sorry and ashamed at his sin.

         Makes a solemn covenant and promise with Allah that he will not repeat his sin again.

         Turns to Allah and seeks forgiveness, before he has met with his appointment of death.

         Is a believer and does righteous good deeds thereafter.


Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 39 Surah Zumur verses 53-54:

(O Prophet) say: O My servants who have wronged their own souls.Do not despair of Allahs Mercy! Surely, Allah forgives all sins. He indeed is the All Forgiving, All Merciful. Return to your Lord and submit to Him before the scourge overtakes you; for then you may get no help from anywhere.


Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 3 Surah Ale Imraan verse 135-136:

Allah likes such good people very much, who, if ever they commit a base deed or wrong their own soul by the commission of a sin, remember Allah instantly, and ask for forgiveness from Him for their shortcomings. For who, but Allah, can forgive sins? (And Allah loves those) who do not knowingly persist in the wrongs they did. These will be rewarded with forgiveness from Allah, and with Gardens beneath which canals flow, and they will reside therein forever! How excellent is the reward of those who do good deeds!


Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 6 Surah Anaam verse 54:

When those come to you who believe in Our Signs, say: "Peace be on you! Your Lord had inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy. Verily if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented and amended (his conduct), Lo! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."


Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2338 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Umar

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "Allah accepts a servant's repentance (taubah) till he gives up his spirit in death."


Your Question: .Should we accept her wife and son after conversion to Islam.

If your brother convinces the Hindu sister to revert to Islam and subsequently marries her, the marriage will be lawful in the Sight of Allah Subhanah, Shariah Law, and the believers.


The believers and the relatives of the brother should wholeheartedly welcome the revert sister (and her son) to their family.


Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.


Your brother and well wisher in Islam,





Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: