Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Zakah how much and who eligible.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

Dear Burhan,

Hope you are fine. May Allah keeps you in His hand for your struggle. I need the detail criteria (include what condition Ive to follow to pay zakat) or terms and conditions of ZAKAT. There is hot cake which is discussing now a days in my office. All I can understand how much knowledge they have so that I couldnt believe on them without any confirmation according to Quran & Hadeeth

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

Zakah how much and who eligible

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Respected brother, the topic of zakah is quite varied.thus if you have a specific question or query regarding zakah you could post it on the forum, and we would try to the best of our ability to respond to your question in light of the guidance of the Quran and the Sunnah, Insha Allah. What we can do for you now is give you a brief synopsis of who is eligible to pay and receive zakah..

Ref: Who is eligible to pay zakah

If the total net worth of any believer (man, woman, or child) is more than the prescribed nisaab of 7.5 tolas of gold (app. 85 grams or app. Value US$2,100.00), then the person is liable to pay the obligatory annual zakah of 2.5% on their excess wealth which has been in their possession for a full calendar year.

If the total net worth of any believer is less than the prescribed nisaab, he/she is not liable to pay any zakah until their net worth exceeds the prescribed nisaab.

For the purpose of determining zakah, the Net Excess Assets would be the current market value of all of ones assets (properties, investments, jewelry, cash, etc.) except:

1. the value of the house/s one owns and actually lives in
  2. the value of the car/vehicle one uses on a regular basis
  3. the value of the furniture and fixtures one uses on a regular basis.

Ref: Who is eligible to receive zakah

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 9 Surah Taubah verse 60:

60 Alms are for the poor, and the needy, and those employed to administer the (funds), for those whose hearts have been (recently) reconciled (to the Truth), for those in bondage and in debt, in the Cause of Allah, and for the wayfarer: (thus is it) ordained by Allah and Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

Allah Subhanah has prescribed that zakah should be paid to any of the above eight listed categories:

1. To the poor
  2. To the needy
  3. To those who are employed to administer the zakah funds
  4. To those whose hearts have recently been reconciled to the Truth of Islam (new-muslims)
  5. For those in bondage
  6. For those in debt
  7. In the Cause of Allah
  8. To the way-farer or traveler

Allah Subhanah has Commanded and Guided the believers that Zakah must be distributed to any of the above eight categories only; for all other categories, one may help them through voluntary and supererogatory charity or sadaqah but not through Zakah funds.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Burhan