Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

What is the meaning of tahammul.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

Asakm,

Br thanx for giving such a eloberate ans.

I want to know what tahammul is?

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

What is the meaning of tahammul

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

The term Tahammul is derived from the Arabic root word haml, which literally means to pick or to bear or to carry.

Although haml is used to denote when one picks or bears or carries both a physical or non-physical object or matter, tahammul is generally used to denote when one bears or carries a non-physical matter.

For example if one picks a book, or carries a load or a burden, etc. the word haml would generally be used; but if one patiently bears a turmoil, or an affliction, or a humiliation, or an indignity, or an oppression, etc.the term tahammul would be used.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Burhan