Why Adam(a.s.) sent on earth.
Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,
As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
to know for what sin Adam alahsalam sent on earth from paradise by Allah (SWT).
And also when Adam alahsalm and Eve were sent on earth, they were send together at one place or else at different places and also please tell the exact location where Allah (SWT) send them on earth.
Please give answer in detail as we want to know more about Adam alahsalam.
(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)
Why Adam(a.s.) sent on earth
In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.
Question: I want to know for what sin Adam alahsalam sent on earth from paradise
by Allah (SWT).
Respected brother, contrary to the absolutely false and biblical belief that Hadrat Adam (a.s.) (and Hawwa) were sent to this earth because of the sin of disobeying Allah Subhanah and eating from the forbidden tree in the Garden of Eden.the belief that is derived from the Glorious Quran in Truth is that The Lord Most Majestic did not send Hadrat Adam (a.s.) (and Hawwa) to the earth because of any sinbut rather for mankind to fulfill the Decreed test for a period of one lifetime on this earth.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Baqarah verse 30:
30 Behold thy Lord said to the Angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth."
If one studies the various verses of the Glorious Quran regarding the topic and incidents of the creation of Hadrat Adam (a.s.), one would realize that it was never the Will and Plan of Allah Subhanah to keep Hadrat Adam (a.s.) or his off-spring in Paradise! Even before Hadrat Adam (a.s.) was physically created by the Lord Creator, He informed the Angels that He intended to create a vicegerent on EARTH!
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Baqarah verses 30-39:
30 Behold thy Lord said to the Angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy Holy (Name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."
31 And He taught Adam the nature of all things; then He placed them before the Angels and said: "Tell Me the nature of these if ye are right."
32 They said: "Glory to Thee; of knowledge we have none save that Thou hast taught us: in truth it is Thou who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."
33 He said: "O Adam! Tell them their natures." When he had told them, Allah said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"
34 And behold We said to the Angels: "Bow down to Adam"; and they bowed down, not so Iblees; he refused and was haughty; he was of those who rejected Faith.
35 We said: "O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the garden and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will, but approach not this tree or ye run into harm and transgression."
36 Then did the Shaytaan make them slip, and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down all with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling place and your means of livelihood for a time."
37 Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord turned toward him (in Mercy); for He is Oft-Returning Most Merciful.
38 We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if as is sure there comes to you guidance from Me; whosoever follows My guidance on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.
39 But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs they shall be Companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."
Secondly as declared by the Lord All-Knowing in Truth in His Glorious Quran and quoted in verse 37 above, the Lord Most Merciful forgave Hadrat Adam (a.s.) his error and turned towards him in Mercy and Forgiveness BEFORE he was sent to the earth, to fulfill the test period of one life.
Thus, in light of the guidance of the Glorious Quran, here follows a brief summary of the sequence of events from the creation of Hadrat Adam (a.s.) in the heavens until his being sent to the earth.
1. Allah Declares His intention unto the Angels to create and send His vicegerent to the earth.
2. Allah Subhanah Commanded that all the Angels (and with them everything in creation) to bow down unto Adam.thus signifying that they will not hinder Adam (and his off-spring) from fulfilling their test and their mission for which they were being sent on earth.
3. All obeyed the Command of the Lord except the accursed Shaytaan, Iblees, who was amongst the Jinn and in arrogance defied the Command of the Lord Most Majestic. He considered the Jinn race to be superior to the human race, and vowed to hinder Adam (and his off-spring) from giving their decreed test.
4. To teach and warn man of the guile of the Shaytaan, just as one gives a small test before ones final exam.Allah Subhanah in His Mercy, before sending man to the earth to give their final exam, sent Adam (a.s.) and his wife Hawwa initially to the Garden of Eden, where absolutely everything was lawful for them except the fruits of one particular and specified tree.
5. The Shaytaan lied to Hadrat Adam (a.s.) and his wife, swore unto them in the Blessed Name of Allah that he was their solemn well-wisher, and tempted them to eat from the forbidden tree.
6. As soon as they had eaten of the tree which their Lord Creator had specifically forbidden for them in the Garden of Eden, Adam (a.s.) and Hawwa realized their transgression and immediately sought the forgiveness of their Lord.
7. Their Lord Most Gracious turned towards them with His Mercy and forgave them their transgression; and only then did He send Hadrat Adam (a.s.) and his wife Hawwa to the earth to fulfill their test for a period of one lifetime.
Thus brother, absolutely contrary to the false and biblical concept whereby it is claimed that man was sent on this earth as a punishment for the eternal-sin of Hadrat Adam (a.s.) and Hawwa.Islam guides in Truth that The Lord Most Gracious forgave Hadrat Adam (a.s.) and his wife their error BEFORE He sent them to earth to fulfill their prescribed test period of one lifetime.
Your Question: .And also when Adam alahsalm and Eve were sent on earth, they were send together at one place or else at different places and also please tell the exact location where Allah (SWT) send them on earth.
Although there are several reports which claim that Hadrat Adam (a.s.) was initially sent to India or even Sri Lanka, and Hawwa initially to Jeddah, and the first meeting of the two on earth was on the plains of Arafah.to the best of our knowledge there is absolutely no solid evidence in the either the Glorious Quran or the authentic and established Sunnah to authenticate this claim. And Allah Alone Knows Best.
Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.
Your brother and well wisher in Islam,