Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Pay zakah for father in coma.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)


One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

Assalaamoalaikum brother Burhan,

Firstly I would like to thank you for providing an excellent service with Q&A that covers every aspect of life. May Allah subhanah reward you in this world and hereafter.

I have the following question.

My father is in coma for last two months. Can we (myself, my brothers and our mother) calculate his zakat and pay from his money on his behalf. By this way, would Allah subhanah accept his zakat? Thank you. 


(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)




Pay zakah for father in coma

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.


Respected brother in Islam, in the situation described by you, not only you can but you as the righteous believing children of a righteous father should pay the zakah on your fathers behalf from his wealth; it would be considered an act of utmost piety and righteousness in the Sight of Allah Subhanah if you were to do so.


May the Lord Most Merciful have Mercy on the condition of your father and bless him with a quick and full recovery. Ameen.


Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.


Your brother and well wisher in Islam,





Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: