Gave charity secretly.
Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,
As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
I wanted to give some money in charity bt i dnt want to reveal to it any1 so i gave some money to my mother saying that one of mi frnd gave me to distribute among the needy people now i realised however i told lie with mi parents so that mi good deed go in vain? I cud have given secretly but that cud nt be possible hence i prefered giving it mi parents coz they are right people to give to right people. will Allah swt will not accept mi charity?
(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)
Gave charity secretly
In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 13 Surah Raad verse 22:
22 Those who patiently persevere seeking the countenance of their Lord; establish regular prayers; spend (in charity) out of (the gifts) We have bestowed for their sustenance secretly and openly; and turn off evil with good: for such there is the final attainment of the (Eternal) Home.
Dear and beloved sister in Islam, if the only intention behind you not telling your parents the whole truth about the source of the charity was only to hide your charity even from them.rest assured that there is no harm and your charity will be accepted by the All-Knowing, All-Seeing Lord of the Worlds, Insha Allah.
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 2.504 Narrated by Abu Huraira
The Prophet (saws) said, "Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His Shade on the Day when there will be no shade except His. They are:
(1) a just ruler;
(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worships Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),
(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);
(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's Sake and they meet and part in Allah's Cause only;
(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;
(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).
(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."
Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.
Your brother and well wisher in Islam,