Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Marry hindu revert.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)


One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

my friend is muslim but married to a non-muslim person(hindu from religion).before marriage the the man converted to islam . but right now he is not following islam .because his prarents are hindu .the parents keep on asking him to follow hindu religon.
my Q is that is it right to stay with the husband or she should get divorce. 


(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)




Marry hindu revert

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.


Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Baqarah verse 221:

221 Do not marry idolatrous women until they believe; a slave woman who believes is better than an idolatrous woman even though she allure you. Nor marry (your girls) to idolatrous men until they believe: a man slave who believes is better than an idolatrous man even though he allure you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of Bliss) and forgiveness and makes His Signs clear to mankind: that they may celebrate His praise.


If the man whom your believing friend chose to marry declared the shahaadah or testimony of faith and reverted to Islam before the marriage..he will be legally considered a muslim in the Sight of Shariah Law; and all rights that are available to a muslim will be accorded to him in full. Thus the marriage between the revert brother who declared the shahaadah and accepted Islam and your believing friend will be absolutely lawful and legal in the sight of Shariah Law and of the believers.


If your believing friend believes that her husband reverted to Islam because his heart was convinced with the Truth, and has hope that in due time he would become a practicing muslim.she should continue her striving to instill the fear of Allah into him, invite him to the Truth of Islam with patience and with wisdom, and thus save her marriage.


But if the sister is absolutely convinced that the person she married accepted Islam only to fulfill the legal formalities for marrying a muslim girl, and he had absolutely no intention of accepting or following Islam..and she has lost hope that her husband will accept and follow Islam in the future, it would be prudent if she would cut her losses and initiate a divorce proceedings against him.


Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.


Your brother and well wisher in Islam,






Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: